- At age 27, Monique Coleman is the oldest of the ten main High School Musical actors.
- Monique was on the winning teams of both the 2006 and the 2007 Disney Channel Games. She won the final competition, Simon Says, in the 2006 Games when "Hannah Montana" star Jason Earles bowed out.
- Monique was the third High School Musical star to be offered to go on "Dancing with the Stars". Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens were also offered, but turned it down. Monique finished fourth in the fall 2006 season, and later went on tour alongside other competitors, including Cheetah Girl Sabrina Bryan.
- Although she does not consider herself a singer, Monique's vocals appeared on the High School Musical 2 and 3: Senior Year soundtracks, as well as the Disney Channel Holiday CD, where she covered the song "Christmas Vacation".
- She finished as the last female competitor on "Dancing with the Stars" in 2006.
- Monique appeared on the "Oprah" and broke down into tears when she was given the opportunity to meet her idol, Queen LaTifa.
- As far as the general public knows, Monique was the only High School Musical star who was not offered a recording contract after the imediate success of the film.
- Extras on set of the films, Monique is closer to the lesser-known actors like Corbin Bleu and Kaycee Stroh, instead of others like Tisdale and Hudgens.
- She has guest starred on four episodes of "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody".
- She was once voted in People's hottest stars under 25.
Welcome to our blog! We officially opened on March 10, 2008 and were dedicating to bringing our readers the latest High School Musical news, with the occasional word on other Disney stars and projects. On July 18, 2009, we reformatted our blog include all Disney Channel news. We discontinued the blog on January 19, 2011.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
10 Fun Facts About Monique Coleman
We are now continuing our 10 fun facts series, partly because there isn't any High School Musical news to report. Today's topic: Monique Coleman.