Welcome!

Welcome to our blog! We officially opened on March 10, 2008 and were dedicating to bringing our readers the latest High School Musical news, with the occasional word on other Disney stars and projects. On July 18, 2009, we reformatted our blog include all Disney Channel news. We discontinued the blog on January 19, 2011.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Demi's Father Reacts to Her Treatment, Family Angry

HOLLYWOOD - SEPTEMBER 23: Actress Demi Lovato arrives at the Padres Contra El Cancer's 25th Annual Gala at The Hollywood Palladium on September 23, 2010 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

Demi Lovato's estranged father has spoken up about her entering treatment, and the rest of Demi's family isn't too happy about it!

Pat Lovato, with whom Demi hasn't spoken in nearly three years, stated:
"The pressure of being a child star] was one of the things I worried about when she signed with Disney. It's in her genes with her mom and dad. Mainly watching her mom. I'd gotten out of it myself. 'Cause someone had to take care of the kids."
Demi's lawyer, Jamie Young, responded with this statement:
"No one speaks for Demi except for her designated representatives. Unfortunately, several people have taken it upon themselves to speak out — both on and off the record — about a situation they know nothing about."
And, in response to that, Pat said:
"Demi won't even talk to me. I don't blame Disney; I never said that. I was misquoted. Disney has been wonderful to my daughter. Now their lawyers are warning me not to say anything else."

"I would never blame Dianna. She is a wonderful mother. I love Demi, her sister, Dallas, and Dianna. I think about them all the time and I pray they are OK and safe.

Since then, Demi
"Our entire family appreciates the outpouring of support we have received from Demi's fans. We are touched by their kindness."
It's not like Demi's father said anything too outrageous. Maybe it wasn't his place to comment on the story, but he said what many of us were thinking: fame isn't good for Demi.

We're hoping, for everyone's sake, that Demi gets better and this all goes away!

Source
Source

No comments: