Welcome!

Welcome to our blog! We officially opened on March 10, 2008 and were dedicating to bringing our readers the latest High School Musical news, with the occasional word on other Disney stars and projects. On July 18, 2009, we reformatted our blog include all Disney Channel news. We discontinued the blog on January 19, 2011.

Monday, January 18, 2010

David Henrie Goes Behind the Camera

Variety's 3rd Annual Power of Youth Event - Arrivals

It's rare but it happens. David Henrie is one of few Disney stars to make the leap from acting to something behind-the-scenes. For Ashley Tisdale, it was producing, but for David, it's writing.

The 20-year-old "Wizards of Waverly Place" star wrote an episode for the series. "I wrote my own episode, and we shot that a couple of weeks ago. That was pretty big for me," he explains. "They haven’t set a release date, but I would imagine it will air in the next month or two. I know they’re almost done editing it right now."

We're guessing he didn't write the whole episode by himself, but the fact that he's dipping his toe into screenwriting is awesome! David also shared about his own production company, exploring directing, and becoming something of a Vince Vaughn or Steven Spielberg.

"
I have my own production company, I’m going to be writing and producing feature films. And there’s a new media side to that production company. I’m currently developing a Web series that I’m either going to star in or hire people to star in, and I’m going to be running the show almost. People can visit youtube.com/yutetv to see our projects."

It's nice to see him branching out! We like it!

Source

No comments: