Welcome!

Welcome to our blog! We officially opened on March 10, 2008 and were dedicating to bringing our readers the latest High School Musical news, with the occasional word on other Disney stars and projects. On July 18, 2009, we reformatted our blog include all Disney Channel news. We discontinued the blog on January 19, 2011.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zac is NOT Through With Musicals

ShoWest 2009 Awards Ceremony - Arrivals


In an interview with MSNBC, Zac Efron addressed the rumors of a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie and a sequel to Hairspray.

“I wish I could confirm it was anything but a rumor, but I haven’t heard it,” Efron said.

“I wish (it) would happen!” Efron said of possible fourth “Pirates of the Caribbean,” which Johnny Depp is reportedly in talks to star in. “If you guys want to make it happen, I’m here!”

As for a sequel to “Hairspray,” Efron said he’s game for that as well.

“At this point, they haven’t really talked to us yet, but I know that it’s an idea that they’re developing,” Efron revealed. “And, it sounds like fun… it sounds like a good idea.”

Also, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Zac stated why he didn't take the lead role in Footloose, and it's not because he's done with musicals.
I'm sure Footloose would have been a huge challenge," Efron said, "but the actors that I love and the actors that work really hard in this industry are always shaking things up, trying new genres, acquiring new skill sets. That's what's always going to appeal to me: the unknown."
Source
Source

No comments: